Sunday, September 03, 2006

Mara-thongs and 'Work'nights Out

Another week has flown by. I spent a good deal of it laundering my clothes in an attempt to eliminaet any possibilty of them being infested by bed bugs. The rest of my week was spent namely working and pre-training for marathon. I ran about 40 kms this week in total, which is nowhere near what I will be running when I actually start training program, but for now it seems to be doing the trick as I've lost weight already and can run longer and faster.

This weekend was absolutely beautiful. Yesterday is was 29 degrees and super sunny. While I was tempted to go to the beach and just soak it up in the sand, I opted instead to lie in the grass in Hyde Park and then mosey on over to North Sydney to have drinks with Amanda and Mary. Non-alcoholic drinks mind you. I'd already been out with Mary the night before - it seems to have become the norm on Friday nights to leave the desk at 5.00 and be in Arthouse scoping out the talent by 5.05. I can't complain, it's a far better way to spend one's Friday evening than I was used to back on the Island. Not that I can complain about sitting out on the back deck in Long Creek enjoying BBQ salmon and new potatoes, but, well, what can I say? I like socializing :)

Saturday night I joined Shannon and some of his friends for a birthday dinner. The view from the restaurant was breathtaking and the salmon was yummy! Took it relatively easy on the eating and drinking and had a great night.

This afternoon I took in an AFL game with a friend of Shannon's and then we checked out Fox Studios, which is this huge entertainment quarter with loads of restaurants and shops. The Cirque de Soliel has set up tent there and is performing for two months. Tickets are pricey and probably sold out by now. Oh well, I will just have to buy tix for the next big event that hits Sydney - like Elton John performing in November!

Tonight I made a lot of food, cleaned the bathroom and watched two German guys eat yummy pub food while I sipped a Diet Coke. All in all it was an exhausting but enjoyable day.

As for the bed bug situation - we got exterminator in, but when I went to sleep in my room I was woken up at 5 by an itching sensation on my ankle and discovered I'd been bitten again. The guy did tell me I could get bitten for the next six weeks as the poison used stops the bugs from reproducing, but doesn't necessarily kill them immediately. Argh. I was thinking of moving out, but after a good night's sleep, some thought and some advice from others I've decided to tough it out for at least a few more weeks.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi I,m leaving for home Thurs ,busy lova ya