Wednesday, January 19, 2005

So – I bet you’re all wondering how things went down last night! Me too – the scores are not yet in, so in that respect will just have to wait and see…

Anywho, the night was ..er..interesting and a good laugh to boot!

There were 13 blokes and 14 gals (including 3 Canucks & 1 token Irish friend). We were given scorecards and badges with our name and a number. Us gals actually ended up being the rotaters since there were more of us. We started ‘dating’ the person with the same badge number as us and then when the organiser blew a shrill whistle we moved on to the next person. After each date we were meant to tick off whether we were interested in seeing the person again (as a friend or more..) . I didn’t actually tick anyone off – it just seemed a bit, well, I don’t know – but a ‘Score’ Card?!?!?! OK, but I did write down everyone’s name and badge number…

As for the quality of the blokes – well it was a smorgasboard really. The first few were decent enough in all respects, then came two or three er..’interesting’ characters, luckily the last four or five redeemed my faith that there are some nice/interesting/attractive men out there.

I’ve yet to decide whether I will actually tick any of the bloke’s off as an interest – you have to do that on your web profile. If I choose not to tick anyone off then I can go to the next event for free! If it weren’t for just one lad I would def be taking my Get Another Speed Date Free card. Why I didn’t just get his number after the event is beyond me and the three glasses of wine I had – I blame it entirely on the book ‘He’s Just Not That Into You’ which discourages ladies from making any forward moves such as number taking. What is up with that????

There was a lone Canadian guy there- he wasn’t exactly representing..then again he is from Toronto. He was by far the most intoxicated person there and could do nothing but gripe about how people in Toronto are so materialistic..um..hello – Big City = Materialistic Rat Race Population…
Right, well that’s that. It probably wasn’t worth the £20, but it was an experience and, hey, I got two drinks from two blokes afterwards, so I guess there was a bit of an ROI!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Replica Rolex is triggered to run continuously with easy movements. It was invented and patented in 1931. It is COSC certified and has been put through harsh testing for 15days and nights in five different positions, not only this, but it was able to bear three different temperatures. It is also designed in a way to withstand pressures up to 500 bars or half a ton per centimetre.