Sunday, January 09, 2005

Phew! So crazy busy these past couple of weeks, have had to put blogging on the backburner. And still it does not end...

In less than 24 hours I'll be in the air, headed back to my other home in Edinburgh. Leaving with mixed feelings and a HUGE amount of luggage - hey a gal's gotta have her peanut butter Canadian-style. No, but seriously, I didn't expect this mixed feelings thing. Me thinks it is mainly because my holiday home has na,ely been a healing holiday and I've only really had the last week here to fully enjoy with head, heart and mouth mended for the most part. But that's OK, I knew I needed to come home and now I can return to Edinburgh ready to lead my life, rather than let life lead me.


OK - a few notes regarding the past 2 weeks:

  • Brandon visited from Ottawa. Sahra & Henry visited from Halifax. All were subjected to Shannon's moaning.
  • Shannon was moaning because her whole mouth was in pain. It hurt to eat, it hurt to floss and it hurt to think. Tylenol 3 seemed the only escape from the excruciating pain.
  • Shannon finally went to dentist on Tuesday and had a tooth in decay pulled. She paid big time for it, what with no insurance, but the pain is gone, gone, gone. It is amazing how much physical pain can impact upon one's mental well-being adn I suspect that much of the stress and distress I've suffered over the past month was related to this dental problem. I can't explina how much clearer my thinking is now, and how much happier I am - not to mention pain-free and able to eat again!!!
  • Shannon bought a laptop computer. Now she had no excuse not to get on with her writing. She will also have more access to the Internet!!

Other things have happened -even significatn things, but I just can't recall what they are at this moment - I am a bundle of nerves - excited, tense, slightly nervous and wishing this day would not end.

On that note, I best go and try to relax. It's going to be a long day of travelling. 24 hours from the time I leave Cornwall until I arrive in Edniburgh - well, more like 20 taking the time change into account, but still.....

Will try to write tomorrow from my laptop via wireless Internet at the airport!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!