Sunday, January 16, 2005

It's Sunday evening in Edinburgh. The end of my first weekend of 2005 in Edinburgh. And where did it go??

Well, I believe I have another first on my hands: Shannon spends a whole weekend being utterly unproductive. Oops..except for opening a bank account, but that hardly counts. Friday night, us gals just crashed at the flat and enjoyed a mix of American & British comedy on television. I then proceeded to sleep for 10 whole hours - a new class of luxury. Finally the pounding headache disappeared, along with the baggage under my eyes.

Yesterday, I spent the day just wandering an getting reacquainted with Edinburgh. It was warm, in comparison to Canadian winters, but got dark around 3.30 ..What's up with that??

Had our first night out since being back and it was a blast - Jen & I had Anne & Vanessa over for drinks (and crepes) and then headed out. First stop was the Walkaboout, but it has lost most its appeal and its decent DJ has been replaced by a 40-something bloke with the blondest dye job ever and crap taste in music. Anyways, we blew that popsicle stand before midnight and headed on to a new spot - Drop Kick Murphy's. Yes, yes yet another Irish bar - this one was AWESOME - a live band playing a mix of new music and fiddly dee dee music. The place was packed and quite favorably so for us gals:) I met a bloke who *apparently* trained Gwen Stefani (of No Doubt). A fun night was had by all - although I think I am too old for the late nights...

Oh - in other news - Ms Shields is leaving us :( She's heading North to bond with the sheep..soon she'll be Little Miss Bo Beep... Not until March, but that will come upon us soon enough....

Please don't email me at work anymore...

Oh - Jen, Anne, Ailbhe and I are going speed-dating onTuesday - We've already talked strategy, but to no avail. We have no idea what to expect fromt he blokes there - Ailbhe seems to think they'll all be loners with Dungeon & Dragons obsessions. Personally, I'm not so concerned about the blokes as I am about having my ego crushed. Ah well - All's far in war and speed-dating I guess.

On that note, will head off - Jen needs to check for flights home....hehehe start another rumour I will!!!1






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! free provider voip Replica aston martin Bextra attorney oregon