Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I Do I Do I Do

If you haven't seen Muriel's Wedding, put your best slippers on, slip out to the closest video store and get yourself a copy. I guarantee you'll love it. If nothing else you'll have a newfound appreciation for ABBA.

Is it just me or is EVERYONE getting engaged/married/preggers??? Seriously,. I think I've been kidding myself that it's only because I'm back on PEI that I find myself surrounded by people that are getting hitched. The fact is it has more to do with me and my ripening of age. Sigh. I guess I have to face it - I am mere days away from turning 27, which incidentally is the average age that a woman in the UK gets married these days. It's a good thing I'm not in England then isn't it? I mean, I might feel a bit spinster like.

This whole tying the knot thing... I've though more about it this year than in all the previous years combined. I suppose this is probably related to my age, but it's also because I consciously decided to put a huge love affair on hiatus. That's right, the love affair I've had Mr. Travel is officially 'on a break. Mr Travel was a brilliant companion and I've nothing but the best things to say about him, but I just think we need a break from each other. I'm currently dating Mr. Career and Mr. Gym. they're both becoming pretty serious commitments. Maybe I'll eventually marry one of them. We shall see.

Anyways, enough chat of that. Time for a quick rundown of life as I get settled back on PEI (again, I emphasis that I am only settling for a limited time and am already being convinced by) an unnamed certain someone that moving to San Fran is an attractive option for the future):

Living in the big city now. Shacked up in a 6-bed house for the next six weeks and sharing with two gals. The rent is cheap and it's a ten minute walk from UPEI,Mr. Gym and the grocery store. Could it get any better?

Finally had a FABulous weekend on PEI. To start, the weather was brilliant- sunshine and warm temps. On Friday I went out with a whole crew of friends with Arkansas, Michigan, Ontario, Nova Scotia and PEI representing. Oh how I love people 'from away'! We went down to Victoria Row for drinks, then 42nd Street for more drinks then (gag) Peake's Quay for a sample of the amazing nightclub options available on PEI. Saturday I moved into my new place,then ironically decided to go visit Mom & Jim and stay over at their house. Sara came to visit on Sunday and we had a lovely relaxing day.

A very sad thing happened - Jim found Smudgie, who'd been missing for a few days, injured and lying in a ditch. They took him to the vet and he had to be put down. I'll miss his meowing and prowling. I know Mom & Jim will miss him a lot, but he had a wonderful cat life in Long Creek and that was because they took him home from the Humane Society and gave him free reign to live life as cat should.

I registered for a university course. It's not until the new year, but I'm excited because it's a course in Small Business Management and, well, that's where I'm heading.

Been busy at my UPEI job - the days fly by. My other jobs are keeping me busy enough in the evening - one in particular which involves proposal writing.

Hmmm. I guess that's about it. Wow. It seems like I'm crazy busy but when I blog it out, it doesn't sound quite so overwhelming. I do have a lot of things planned up for the summer, which I think it part of the reason I feel flat out - between family reunions, friends from away visiting, birthdays (OK, just one, but it's mine!) and roadtrips, I'm starting to think I might actually have to get a day planner..... nah. where would the fun in that be?

I'm tired. Time to sleep.

No comments: