Saturday, December 30, 2006

NYE 2007

It's NYE here in Sydney. I'll be one of the first to welcome in the new year. How very exciting. OK, there was a distinct lack of enthusiasm in that last sentence. It turns out I'm not a huge New Year's Eve reveller. I don't really know why as I generally like any excuse for a party and some hoopla, but I think it's all about the build-up, it's just too much hype to live up to. So I enter with no expectations.

It's about 6 0'clock in the evening and I really should be getting decked out in my party dress but I'm just not ready to go there yet. I 'kind of' had a big one last night .well, technically it started around 2 in the afternoon which may have been a big part of the problem. In any case, because this will be my last weekend of drinking for the next four months, I kind of made the best of it last night, which means there's really not much left in me for another night of boozing and partying. Sigh. I am getting old. According to one of the guys we met last night I really couldn't be any younger than 28. He based this on my footwear. I had been planning to wear flat sandals. but wore some nice heels instead..I reckon if I had worn the sandals, I'd have been labelled a senior citizen.

Normally I don't make resolutions at New Years . It just makes sense that if you want to change something in your life, you do it when you are ready to do it.Well, it seems that I want to make some changes in my life and it just happens to be New Year's so I am giving in to tradition. Just this once. My resolutions are as follows (laugh if you must, but I can stick to anything I set my mind to).

Resolution #1 : No drinking of alcohol for the next four months

Resolution #2 : No eating any sorts of sweets or chocolate - including cakes, cookies, pastries, etc.


S yah. That's the plan Stan. Resoltuion #1 will be mujch easier than Resolution #2. Wish me luck.


Here is a picture from my Christmas potluck. I will post more in the near future.


No comments: