Monday, December 18, 2006

Lucky Me !

I am completely cheered up now. I was bummed out for the past few days as I really didn't know what I was going to do for Christmas/who I was going to spend the day with, as the plans I did have fell through. I really wanted to get out of Sydney, but it didn't look like it was going to happen. That is, until, my guardian angel came to the rescue. Her name is Mary and she invited me into her home for the Christmas holidays or, more specifically, into her parents' home, which is in the countryside..about an hour outside of Melbourne. Not only did she offer this hospitality, she also very generously booked my return flight using her Qantas Frequent Flyer points. Could you ask for a better friend? A better Christmas gift than the company of a wonderful family and Christmas on the farm when it's your first time away from home? No, I really don't think there is anything more I want for Christmas. Thank you Mary.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read your blog Don't know what to say HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS LOVE DAD

Jen said...

Ahh, Shan, I'm glad that worked out for you! =) Umm, Hail Mary! Ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Shannon- Hope that you have a very Merry Christmas and thanks for the e-card! All the best in the New Year!

Anonymous said...

yeah- Merry Christmas again- forgot to sign...hehe...Kelly

Anonymous said...

Have a Merry Christmas Alaskan girl!

Doug the Tasmanian ;o)